A Spoonful of Honey Helps the Turmeric Go Down
Since I am such a turmeric fan, over the years I have gathered some techniques that people tell me works to get larger amounts down.
• Prepare a golden yellow turmeric paste by adding a 1/4 cup of turmeric powder to 1/2 cup of pure water and boil in a saucepan until a thick paste is formed. This paste may be stored in the refrigerator.
• Sandwich: Make turmeric paste as above. Spread paste ¼ inch thick on both slices of bread. Add condiments: lettuce, parsley, etc. Include cucumber slices. Enjoy.
• Stir in water/milk/juice/tea. Swallow quickly. Many people like vanilla soymilk.
• Stir into sweetener (honey, maple syrup) to make a paste, swallow from spoon.
• Mix with thick, strong tasting food (i.e. peanut butter, tomato juice), swallow.
• Mix with water to form soft paste. Spoon to the back of throat. Swallow. Follow with water/juice/tea.
• Mix: 1/2 pint sesame tahini
2 Tbsp. sesame oil (or other)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 to 1/2 cup turmeric powder
Use as a dip or condiment.