Making Tea: How To Know You’re Doing it Right

Tea

Teas are the very most popular way to take herbs in most other cultures of the world, but the herbal tea habit hasn’t completely caught on here yet, especially where I live in the coffee drenched Northwest. Its popularity is growing, though. In the traditional cultures that were the origins of natural remedies, teas, broths and soups are a daily part of life. That’s why Yogi has been educating people about herbal  tea for over 30 years, and encouraging us to drink tea every day. Not to mention that all 60 of our Yogi teas taste delicious…there’s no reason why your daily dose of tea shouldn’t taste good, too.

Tea is the form of choice if the herbs are mild; it is also usually the least expensive way to get in an herb. Some advantages of tea use:
• The entire herb is usually used
• No binders, additives or alcohol
• Inexpensive
• Easily swallowed (especially when the flavors are balanced and taste great)
• Convenient

Teas prepared in tea bags are for conveniently preparing infusions. With our Yogi teas, the herbs in the tea bag have been specifically selected for this format, and are chopped to a very particular size to maximize rapid extraction into the water, allowing for a stronger better tasting tea.

6-8 ounces of boiling water. Let the tea bag steep for up to 10 minutes, depending on your taste.

For green tea, limit the steeping to 3 minutes. The actives come out quickly, and most everyone agrees that the taste is, shall we say, not improved by longer steeping (green tea can get bitter if steeped too long).

Be sure to squeeze out the tea bag after it’s steeped-there’re a lot of goodies in there!

Teas suitable to be brewed mildly (beverage strength), such as the Yogi selection of teas, you can drink up to 4 to 10 cups a day for adults, depending.

I’m not sure if I’ve said this before but I’m more than happy to answer any questions you have about teas, specific herbs, preparations etc. Just ask in the comments and I’ll respond! What’s on your mind?

• Jonathan Duran says:

Hello, how are you doing? Ive been drinking a couple different kinds of detox teas for da past 2 months or so for liver reasons & my doctor gave me good news that my liver is getting better! Anyway I read ur your page & I like the advice, but I have a question. I’ve been wondering, how fast can a detox cleanse the body from toxins? The teas I’ve been drinking to be specific are, Yogi Detox tea, Celestial seasoning Natural Detox Wellness tea, & the Everyday Detox tea by Traditional Medicinal… If you have any advice or any other info. on detoxing you can email me I would appreciate it thank you.

Hello Jonathan!
    Thank you for reaching out! Given that lifestyle and diet vary from person to person, and that everyone responds uniquely to particular herbs and botanicals, the effects of this tea will be different for everyone. If you have questions about the consumption of DeTox and your overall health, we recommend consulting with your healthcare provider as they are best suited to answer any specific questions. For our herbal teas that are detoxifying in nature, we recommend taking a break after 4 weeks of consumption in order for the body to equilibrate and readjust. Yogi DeTox is mild enough to be used every day for up to 30 days, after which we suggest pausing for about 7 days before resuming.
    I hope this information is helpful, and please feel free to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com with any further questions. Be well! ~Jenna

• angel moreno says:

Hello, I’m Angel I just forgot how to make tea with my Exspresso machine and I was wondering if you knew how to?

• Kavita says:

Hi, I just got my skin detox teas today. I wanted to know if I filled a 12oz or 18oz thermos, if 1 tea bag will be able to steep the same as a mug or will I need to add more tea bags?

Hi Kavita,

Thank you for your question! For optimal results, we recommend using 1 tea bag per 8 oz of water. Bring the water just to boiling, and steep the tea bag for the time indicated on the outer Yogi tea carton (4 to 6 minutes for Yogi Skin DeTox).

I hope this is helpful, and we welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com if you have any further questions.

Be well,
    ~Adriane @ Yogi

• AJ Jiles says:

Hello,

Quick question I’m blood pressure medication I was wondering if it was safe for me to used the detox in the morning and the calming tea at night? Or I should only use one of the teas per day?

Hello AJ,

Thank you for contacting Yogi! We appreciate you reaching out to us with your questions.

Here at Yogi, we take a conservative stand when it comes to individual health, especially when it concerns how the ingredients in our teas interact with other herbal supplements, medication and/or prescription drugs. Given that every individual responds uniquely to particular herbs and botanicals, we strongly recommend you consult your qualified health care provider regarding the use of Yogi DeTox and Yogi Calming teas while taking blood pressure medication. He or she is best suited to identify any substances to which you may be sensitive while taking this medication, address any specific questions you may have about your health, and make a recommendation in light of your personal medical profile.

I hope this is helpful, and please let me know if you need any further information.

Be well,
    ~Adriane @ Yogi

• Jessica says:

Hi, i was wondering if you can combine more than one type of tea in one cup. For example, use “Cold Season” and “Throat Comfort” together to steep in the same cup?

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your question! It is generally fine to drink more than one type of Yogi tea in the same day, or even combined in the same cup. This type of blending will not interfere with the functional benefits or effects of each tea. Our basic suggestion would be to stick with one to three types per day. However, if you are interested in combining two or more of our detoxifying teas (DeTox, Berry DeTox, Roasted Dandelion Spice DeTox, Skin DeTox and Peach DeTox), our recommendation would be to focus on drinking one of these detoxifying teas per week and rotating as you feel appropriate.

I hope this is helpful, and if you have any further questions, we welcome you to email us at customerservice@yogiproducts.com.

Be well,
    ~Adriane @ Yogi

• Stephanie Rose says:

Hello!! I was wondering if the detox tea works alone or if you are allowed to eat while using it. How does the detox tea cleanse your body? Please let me know ASAP. Thank you

Thank you for getting in touch, Stephanie! Yogi DeTox is a gentle way to help the body cleanse itself by aiding the two primary filtering organs, the liver and kidneys. It is made from a blend of time-honored herbs to promote kidney and liver function, as well as traditional Ayurvedic herbs to support blood flow. Given that lifestyle, diet and overall health vary from person to person, and given that everyone responds uniquely to particular herbs and botanicals, the effects of this tea will be different for everyone. While there are no dietary restrictions associated with drinking Yogi DeTox, for best results, we recommend consuming Yogi teas in between meals, either an hour before eating or one to two hours after eating. I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, we welcome you to email us at customerservice@yogiproducts.com. Be well! ~Adriane @ Yogi

• Mike says:

Can I drink too much bedtime tea? What is the recommended amount? Thank you.

• Deirdra says:

Hello!

I’ve purchased Yogi detox tea and want to brew at least 12 cups worth of it for consumption later. Would the tea be I’lleffective if I were to drink it cold? Also is brewing a large amount at the same time ok?

Thank you for your questions, Mike! As a general recommendation, we suggest drinking one cup of Yogi Bedtime tea just before bedtime. For a stronger tea, you might try using two tea bags.

I hope this is helpful, and welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com with any further questions.

Be well,
    ~Adriane @ Yogi

Thank you for reaching out, Deirdra! We are happy to provide you with recommended brewing instructions for our DeTox tea.

The functional benefits of Yogi teas work the same whether iced or hot as long as you follow our recommended brewing instructions. For optimal results, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling, and steep for the time indicated on the outer Yogi tea carton (5-10 minutes for Yogi DeTox). Once the tea has fully steeped, allow to cool. You may then add sweeteners, lemon and/or ice to suit your preference. If you plan on adding ice, we suggest using 2 tea bags per 8 oz water.

It is fine to prepare a large quantity of Yogi tea in advance. After following the brewing instructions outlined above, when done steeping, store the tea in a sealed jar in the refrigerator. If stored properly (in a sealed jar in the refrigerator), the tea should last a few days.

Be well,
    ~Adriane @ Yogi

• abdulrahman says:

Hello.
    I don’t follow any diet but i swim everyday and I do some sports. I’ve heard that yogi detox tea is good for losing weight. Is that right?
    and how many cups I need in a day?
    last question: bedtime tea is it considerd as a detox and losing weight?

• Kaye James says:

Hello! I just recently started on Yogi Tea and would like to know how many times can I use / steep one tea bag following the instructions on the packet? Just once?

• Lesh says:

Can I add sugar?

Hi Abdulrahman,

Thank you for your questions! Yogi DeTox tea is not formulated to help with weight loss. Rather, this tea is formulated to help the body cleanse itself by aiding the two primary filtering organs, the liver and kidneys. It is made from a blend of time-honored herbs to promote kidney and liver function, as well as traditional Ayurvedic herbs to support blood flow. We suggest drinking 1 to 3 cups any time during the day, up to 10 tea bags per day.

With regard to Yogi Bedtime, this tea is not considered a detoxifying tea, nor is it formulated to help with weight loss. Yogi Bedtime is a soothing combination of herbs traditionally used for centuries to promote relaxation and sleep. I hope this is helpful! If you have any further questions, we welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com.

Thank you again & Be well!
    ~Adriane @ Yogi

Hello Kaye,

Thank you for contacting Yogi! We appreciate you reaching out to us with your question. With regard to brewing, all Yogi tea cartons are printed with ‘Get the Most Out of Every Cup’ instructions. For optimal results, we recommend using 1 tea bag per cup of water, bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (3 to 10 minutes depending on the type of Yogi tea). Most of the flavor comes out of the tea bag on the first infusion; however, many tea drinkers enjoy steeping tea bags a second time.

Thank you again & Be well!
    ~Adriane @ Yogi

Thank you for your question, Lesh! It is fine to add sugar or your favorite sweetener to your brewed cup of Yogi tea. Doing so will not interfere with the functional benefits of our teas. When preparing a cup of Yogi tea, we recommend that you use 1 tea bag per 8 oz water. Bring the water just to boiling and steep the tea bag for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (3 to 10 minutes depending on the type of Yogi tea). Once the tea has fully steeped, you may add sweeteners, lemon and/or creamer to suite your individual taste preference. I hope this is helpful! If you have any further questions, please email customerservice@yogiproducts.com. Be well!

• Maria Barattucci says:

I purchased Yogi Egyptian Licorice Tea, I heard about this tea on a Doctor Oz show. When I went to prepare the tea I noticed a warning on the box, which surprised me. If the tea is 100% natural, why would it be a problem? I do take a blood pressure med, but I never thought I would have to consult my doctor regarding a tea. Are the spices in your teas different then the ones I buy from my grocery store?
    I look forward to your reply, so I can enjoy a cup of the licorice tea.

Thank you for getting in touch, Maria! We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Yogi Egyptian Licorice carries the warning you reference because it contains organic licorice root. Licorice root has been safely consumed for thousands of years and is still widely consumed throughout the world as a beverage and medicinal tea. However, according to the American Herbal Products Association’s Botanical Safety Handbook (an authoritative text referenced by the FDA), when consumed in high doses, licorice is contraindicated for pregnancy, nursing and for those taking medication or have a medical condition. Therefore, although our teas contain less licorice than what would be considered a high dose, we have chosen to take a conservative approach regarding the labeling of our Egyptian Licorice tea. Specifically, according to the Botanical Safety Handbook, a standard dose of licorice root would be 1,000-5,000 mg 3 times per day, up to 6 weeks. Yogi Egyptian Licorice tea contains 1,110 mg of licorice root per serving (per tea bag). Based on this, you would have to consume 14 cups or more per day for over 6 weeks to be outside of what they consider the normal range.

For specific questions regarding consumption of licorice and our Egyptian Licorice tea, we recommend consulting your healthcare provider as he or she is best suited to address any concerns you may have about your individual health and identify any substances to which you may be uniquely sensitive, such as licorice.

Be well,
    ~Adriane @ Yogi

• Shanel says:

Hello I just recently started drinking yogi tea and I was wondering is it ok to make a pitcher of it and fridge it too or it’s better to just drink it hot.

Hello Shanel! The functional benefits of Yogi teas work the same whether cool or hot as long as you follow our recommended brewing instructions. For optimal results, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (3-10 minutes depending on the type of tea). Once the tea has fully steeped, allow to cool. You may then add sweeteners, lemon and/or ice to suite your preference. If you plan on adding ice, you might consider using 2 tea bags per 8 oz water.

It is fine to prepare a large quantity of Yogi tea in advance. Just follow the recommended brewing instructions above, and when done steeping, store the tea in a sealed jar or container in the refrigerator. This tea can then be reheated and enjoyed later. If stored properly (in a sealed container in the refrigerator), the tea should last a few days.

We hope this is helpful, and welcome you to email us at customerservice@yogiproducts.com with any further questions. Be well!

• Bianca says:

Questions Do You Add Sugar Or Not To Add In The Tea Its My First Time Trying It

Thank you for your question, Bianca! Here at Yogi, we do not add sugar or artificial sweeteners to any of our teas. Some of our teas do contain licorice root and/or Stevia leaf, both of which lend to a naturally sweet flavor profile. Also, some of the natural flavors used in some of our teas do contain a small amount of sucrose (less than 200 mg per tea bag). If a Yogi tea contains one or more of these ingredients, it would be listed in the Supplement Facts panel on the tea’s outer carton. We hope this is helpful, and welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com with any further questions. Be well!

• Alyssa janelle says:

hi! I absolutely have become obsessed with teas. I’m starting to drink 3-5 cups a day, I just wanted to know if that’s becoming a bad habit. Especially when I drink oolong, white, mint, green tea and chai rooibos all in the same day. thank you so much!

Hi Alyssa! It is generally fine to drink more than one type of Yogi tea in the same day. Our basic suggestion would be to stick with up to three types per day. Most Yogi teas are appropriate to consume throughout the day; however, your consumption of caffeinated Yogi teas should be based on your individual tolerance for caffeine. If a Yogi tea comes with a recommended consumption amount or limit, it would be noted in the ‘Get the Most Out of Every Cup’ instructions printed on that tea’s outer carton. For specific questions about your individual health and the consumption of Yogi teas, we suggest you consult your qualified healthcare provider, as they are best suited to identify substances to which you may be uniquely sensitive and make a recommendation in light of your personal medical profile. We hope this helps, and welcome you to email us at customerservice@yogiproducts.com with any further questions. Be well!

• Aaron says:

Hey I’ve just started drinking yogis caffeine free detox and also the immune one. It’s both caffeine free so does it matter how much I drink a day? Would drinking more than 10 bags a day be bad?

Thank you for your questions, Aaron! Here at Yogi, all of our teas come with brewing instructions printed on their outer cartons in the ‘Get the Most Out of Every Cup’ section. If a Yogi tea comes with a suggested consumption amount, it would be noted in that section along with the brewing instructions. With regard to Yogi DeTox, we suggest that you drink 1 to 3 cups any time during the day, up to 10 tea bags per day. With regard to Yogi Echinacea Immune Support, we suggest that you drink up to 5 cups per day. You might try using 1 tea bag of each (DeTox and Echinacea Immune Support) per day as a starting point, and from there, you can drink less or more depending on your experience. Also, please note that in general, we recommend taking a short break of up to 1 week after consuming any one Yogi tea for 30 consecutive days before resuming daily consumption to let the body equilibrate and readjust. We hope this helps! If you have any further questions, we welcome you to email us at customerservice@yogiproducts.com. Be well!

• Nicole says:

HI! So far I’m loving the teas! My question is can I mix two different teas? The ones I am drinking are the DeTox tea and the Skin DeTox tea. What is your suggestion?

Hi Nicole! We’re happy to hear how much you enjoy our teas and appreciate you reaching out with your question. It is generally fine to drink more than one type of Yogi tea in the same day, or even combined in the same cup. This type of blending will not interfere with the functional benefits of each tea. Our basic suggestion would be to stick with up to three types per day. However, if you are interested in combining two or more of our detoxifying teas (including DeTox, Skin DeTox, Berry DeTox, Roasted Dandelion Spice DeTox and Peach DeTox), our recommendation would be to focus on drinking one of these detoxifying teas per week and rotating as you feel appropriate.

Thank you again & Be Well!

• Sena says:

I recently started drinking your Green Tea Energy and I love it!
    I have a question about it. I’d like to make a pitcher of it and store in the fridge so I can drink it cold whenever I want. Is this okay? If so, how many days will it be good for stored in the fridge?
    Thanks in advance.

• Sidney R says:

Hi, I’ve just ordered the stress relief tea and the caramel apple spice teas, and I was unpleasantly surprised by the bitter taste. I’m assuming that I did something wrong in preparing them, as I don’t usually make my own tea.. but I cant figure out what I’ve done wrong. I’ve followed the directions on each box as far as steeping times.. and I use a microwave to boil my water so that may be the problem I guess. Also, what types of things would you suggest to add to these specific teas to make the taste a bit sweeter… such as adding honey to the honey lavender one? or cinnamon to the caramel apple spice? Thanks!

Thank you for getting in touch, Sena! We’re happy to hear how much you enjoy our Green Tea Energy and appreciate you reaching out with your question. It is fine to prepare a large quantity of Yogi tea in advance. For optimal results, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (3 minutes for Green Tea Energy). Once the tea has fully steeped, allow to cool. Once cool, store the tea in a sealed container in the refrigerator. If stored properly, the tea should last a few days. Also, if you plan on adding ice, we suggest using 2 tea bags per 8 oz water when brewing. Be well!

Thank you for reaching out, Sidney! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding our Honey Lavender Stress Relief and Caramel Apple Spice Slim Life teas. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us. Please email customerservice@yogiproducts.com and we would be happy to follow up with you further regarding your experience.

With regard to your questions about brewing, it is fine to use a microwave to heat up the water for steeping Yogi tea bags. However, if using a microwave, we recommend heating up the water before adding the Yogi tea bag to the cup. This is because we use aluminum staples to seal our tea bags and attach the tags, and metal should not be put in the microwave. We also recommend following the specific instructions for your microwave in order to reach the desired water temperature. Additionally, it is fine to add your favorite sweetener to the tea once brewed. Doing so will not interfere with the tea’s functional benefits. Be well!

• Dilrroop says:

hi i just started drinking yogi detox tes and enjoying it.i have a question
    Is it ok to add lemon and honey in the tea and is it good to drink the tea in the morning on empty stomach.

Thank you for your questions, Dilrroop! We are happy to hear how much you enjoy Yogi DeTox tea.

After brewing Yogi DeTox tea according to the instructions printed on its outer carton, it is fine to add lemon and honey to suit your taste preference. Doing so will not interfere with the functional benefits of the tea.

Although you can drink Yogi teas at any point throughout the day, for best results we recommend consuming them in between meals – either an hour before eating or one to two hours after eating.

We hope this helps! Please email customerservice@yogiproducts.com if you have any further questions.

Be well!

• Arieta says:

I made 2 liter of Sena Tea and put that in the fridge and was drinking it every day 2 cups of that in the morning and 2 cups in the evening which it was the right dose to take as it was in the package. But, I am scared If I did right or not that I didn’t do fresh tea everyday ? Is it dangerous that I made it on the first day all and was drinking that till now ? The taste was different not like on the first day !!

• April says:

Hello,
    Would Almond Milk interfere with the detox tea benefits. If not, how do you recommend I apply it in the tea.
    Thanks, April

Thank you for your questions, Arieta! We are happy to provide you with information regarding our Soothing Mint Get Regular tea.

Yogi Soothing Mint Get Regular is specifically formulated to help provide relief from occasional constipation. It contains senna leaf, a natural yet powerful herbal laxative. Due to this ingredient, we recommend that you do not use this particular Yogi tea in excess of 4 cups in 24 hours or for longer than 10 days.

The functional benefits of Yogi teas work the same whether cool or hot as long as you follow our recommended brewing instructions. For optimal results, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (5-10 minutes for Soothing Mint Get Regular). Once the tea has fully steeped, allow to cool. You may then add sweeteners, lemon and/or ice to suite your preference. If you plan on adding ice, we suggest using 2 tea bags per 8 oz water.

It is fine to prepare a large quantity of Yogi tea in advance. Just brew according to the instructions above, and when the tea is done steeping, store the tea in a sealed container in the refrigerator. This tea can then be reheated and enjoyed later. If stored properly (in a sealed container in the refrigerator), the tea should last a few days.

Thank you again & Be well!

Thank you for your question, April! It is fine to add almond milk to your brewed Yogi DeTox tea. Doing so will not interfere with the tea’s functional benefits. When preparing Yogi DeTox, we recommend you bring the water to boiling and steep the tea bag for 5 to 10 minutes. You may then add creamer to suit your taste preference. If you have any further questions, we welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com. Be well!

• bebeti gurgel says:

hello I would like to know if I should drink Yoga tea with milk (like in Indian and Britain) or with water. I also would like to know what kind of milk if that is the case. Thank you

Thank you for your question, Bebeti! It is fine to add milk to your brewed Yogi tea. For optimal results, we recommend that you use 1 tea bag per 8 oz water. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outer Yogi tea carton (3 to 10 minutes depending on the type of tea). After steeping, remove the tea bag and you may then add your favorite type of milk to suite your taste preference. Hope this helps! For further questions, we welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com. Be well!

• Charanne says:

Hello… quick question, if i added a little bit of sugar to the detox peach tea, would it defeat the purpose of the cleanse? So can i use sugar, or should i not?

Thank you for your question, Charanne! It is fine to add your favorite sweetener to Yogi Peach DeTox tea. Doing so will not interfere with the functional benefits of this tea. For optimal results, we recommend that you use 1 tea bag per 8 oz water. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for 5 to 10 minutes. After steeping, remove the tea bag and you may then add sweetener to suite your taste preference. If you have any further questions, we welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com. Be well!

• AJ says:

I just stared drinking the slim life tea. Is there a limit on how many cups of it I can drink a day? Thanks!

• Angel says:

Can I make this is in a Keurig?

Thank you for your question, AJ! For Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life and Yogi Caramel Apple Spice Slim Life, we suggest consuming 1 to 3 cups per day as a basic starting point. From there, you can drink less or more depending on your experience, as well as your individual tolerance for caffeine.

If you have any further questions, we welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com. Thank you & Be well!

Hi Angel! We’re happy to share that four Yogi favorites are now available in recyclable single serve cups: Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life, Honey Lavender Stress Relief, Ginger and DeTox. Yogi single serve cups deliver the same delicious flavor and purpose as our traditional bagged teas, and are compatible with existing machines that use K-Cups. However, unlike traditional K-Cups, Yogi single serve cups are easily recyclable and net less than 7% waste by weight, as over 93% is recyclable/compostable. After each use, the tea contents can be composted, and clean, empty cups can be recycled through many curbside recycling programs. Click here for more information.

With regard to our bagged teas, these are not intended for use with Keurig brewers. For optimal results, we suggest using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outer Yogi tea carton (3 to 10 minutes depending on the type of tea).

If you have any further questions, we welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com. Thank you again & Be well!

• Jimi says:

I have been drinking Green Tea for almost 60 years, & have always squeezed the bag. Some say to never do this and others say to always squeeze. It also says so on some boxes to Not squeeze. Please put this to rest for me and my tea drinking cronies. Jimi in Ky.

• Amanda says:

I was wondering if it is safe to blend Bedtime with Breath Deep and Egyptian Licorice, I love licorice and all three have this and I have a hard time sleeping sometimes. Breath Deep helps clear me out to sleep better as well.

Thanks,
    Mandi

• Amina says:

Is it just me or does the yogi green tea blueberry slim life taste like hot water? Is it supposed to? I don’t add any sugar or anything. Just boiled water and a tea bag.

Thank you for your question, Mandi! It is generally fine to drink more than one type of Yogi tea in the same day. This type of blending will not interfere with the functional benefits or effects of each tea. Our basic suggestion would be to stick with up to three types per day.

We hope this helps! Please email customerservice@yogiproducts if you have any further questions. Thank you again & Be well!

Hi Amina! Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life is formulated with ingredients that provide a green tea, blueberry and hibiscus flavor profile. When preparing Yogi teas, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (3 minutes for Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life). To suit your taste preference, you may then add sweetener, creamer and/or lemon. If you have any additional questions or comments, please email customerservice@yogiproducts.com and we’d be happy to assist you further. Thank you & Be well!

Thanks for your question, Jimi! When preparing any of our Yogi Green Tea varieties, it is fine to gently squeeze the tea bag when done brewing. One way to do this would be to gently press the tea bag against the inside of the cup with a spoon before removing it. We hope this helps! Please email customerservice@yogiproducts.com with any further questions. Be well!

• arlene says:

I usually drink about 3 cups of green tea a day, ive actually been trying out the green tea blueberry slim life. i wanted to know if it is ok to drink 3 different types of your green teas those 3 times a day?

• I recently just had my first cup of Skin Detox. But I was wondering if I HAVE to drink a cup every single day for a month? Because I do have other teas that I enjoy drinking like green tea and black teas with natural fruit flavors. Will it effect the outcome of Skin Detox if I drink maybe another tea the same day as Skin Detox? And also I’m very busy with my work schedule, so what happens if I accidentally miss a day and end up not drinking it for a few days to a week?

• Kayla says:

Hello, I use the Blueberry Slim Life, and Detox teas, is it okay to brew these together?

Hello Kayla,

Thank you for your question! It is generally fine to drink more than one type of Yogi tea in the same day, or even combined in the same cup (such as Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life and Yogi DeTox). This type of blending will not interfere with the functional benefits or effects of each tea. Our basic suggestion would be to stick with up to three types per day.

Thank you again & Be well!

Hello Arlene,

Thank you for your question! It is generally fine to drink more than one type of Yogi tea in the same day. This type of blending will not interfere with the functional benefits or effects of each tea. Our basic suggestion would be to stick with up to three types per day.

Yogi Green Teas can be consumed at any point throughout the day. However, given that our Green Teas contain caffeine, you may want to avoid drinking them before bedtime. You might try drinking one to three cups per day as a starting point, and from there, you can drink less or more depending on your experience as well as your individual tolerance for green tea and caffeine.

Thank you again & Be well!

Hello Marisa,

Thank you for your question! Yogi Skin DeTox is purposefully formulated to support a healthy skin care regimen. It contains herbs used in Ayurveda to cool and soothe the skin, along with herbs traditionally used to support the liver and promote cleansing. Given that diet and skin health vary from person to person, and given that everyone responds uniquely to herbs and botanicals, the effects of this tea will be different for everyone. As a general range, we suggest drinking 1 to 3 cups any time during the day, up to 10 tea bags per day. You might try using 1 tea bag per day as a starting point, and from there, you can drink less or more depending on your experience.

Also, for our herbal teas that are detoxifying in nature (such as Skin DeTox), we recommend taking a break after 4 weeks of consumption in order for the body to equilibrate and readjust. Skin DeTox tea is mild enough to be used every day for up to 30 days, after which we suggest pausing for about 7 days before resuming, even if you are only using one tea bag per day.

Thank you & Be well!

• Paige says:

hi i just purchased the DeTox tea and I was wondering if I drink this tea more towards the night time will I end up staying awake?

Hi Paige! Yogi DeTox tea is naturally caffeine free. However, given that each individual responds uniquely to particular herbs and botanicals, the effects of this tea will be different for everyone. Thank you & Be well!

• Candy says:

I would like to know can I drink one bag detox and one bag skin detox separate per day?waiting for your reply

Thank you for your question, Candy! It is generally fine to drink more than one type of Yogi tea in the same day, or even combined in the same cup. This type of blending will not interfere with the functional benefits of each tea. Our basic suggestion would be to stick with up to three types per day. However, if you are interested in combining two or more of our detoxifying teas (such as DeTox and Skin DeTox), our recommendation would be to focus on drinking one of these detoxifying teas per week and rotating as you feel appropriate. We welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com with any further questions. Thank you again & Be well!

• Logan says:

Hey. I have been drinking these teas daily, been feeling amazing and have noticed my enegery is up and I have gone down two pants sizes!! My question is, I do mix my teas.. I’ll throw in a green antioxidant green tea with a berry detox tea. I like mine iced so I make it with 1 pack stevia and then throw it over ice and I’m out the door!
    I was just wondering am I ok to be mixing different teas together ?? What your thought are on that… Or should I stick to just mixing one kind ?

• Alanna says:

Hello, I just purchased yogi blueberry slim and detox. I’ve heard this is great for weight loss, but how is this supposed to help you ‘slim’ does it actually help you lose weight, or does it help control appetite to help lose weight? Thank you!

Hi Logan! It is generally fine to drink more than one type of Yogi tea in the same day, or even combined in the same cup (such as Green Tea Super Antioxidant & Berry DeTox). This type of blending will not interfere with the functional benefits of each tea. Our basic suggestion would be to stick with up to three types per day. However, if you are interested in combining two or more of our detoxifying teas (DeTox, Berry DeTox, Roasted Dandelion Spice DeTox, Skin DeTox and Peach DeTox), our recommendation would be to focus on drinking one of these detoxifying teas per week and rotating as you feel appropriate. We hope this helps and welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com with any further questions. Thank you & Be well!

Hello, Alana! At this time, we do not produce any teas that are specifically formulated for weight loss. Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life is formulated to support stamina and give you the energy you need in order to maintain an active lifestyle while dieting. Yogi DeTox is a gentle way to help the body cleanse itself by aiding the two primary filtering organs, the liver and kidneys. It is made from a blend of time-honored herbs to promote kidney and liver function, as well as traditional Ayurvedic herbs to support blood flow. We hope this is helpful, and welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com with any further questions. Thank you & Be well!

• Gina says:

I am trying the Detox tea for the first time and I am a little confused on the instructions. It says to drink up to 3 cups a day 10 bags a day. Am I using 10 different tea bags a day? Also can I reuse the same teabag that day?

Thank you for your question, Gina! We’re happy to provide you with brewing information. For Yogi DeTox tea, we recommend using one tea bag per cup of water. Bring the water to boiling and steep the tea bag for 5 to 10 minutes. If you prefer a stronger cup of tea, you are welcome to use 2 tea bags per cup of water. Most of the flavor and functional benefits comes out of the tea bag on the first infusion; however, many tea drinkers enjoy steeping tea bags a second time. We suggest drinking 1 to 3 cups anytime during the day, and that you do not exceed 10 tea bags per day. We hope this is helpful, and welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com with any further questions. Thank you & Be well!

• Jocelyn says:

I just started drinking yogi detox tea on February 10, 2016, I drink two cup tea in the morning and evening. Here is my questions am l supposed to drink yogi detox in the morning or evening time? Does yogi detox keep me awake all night? Can I drink yogi detox one or two cup a tea?

• Hamna says:

I am a teenage girl. I want to try out yogi- green tea blueberry slim life for aiding in weight loss. When should i drink it? How many cups should i drink per day? Thankyou.

Thank you for your questions, Jocelyn! We’re happy to provide you with information on our DeTox tea. Yogi DeTox can be consumed at any point throughout the day (morning, afternoon or evening) and does not contain any caffeine. When brewing Yogi DeTox tea, we suggest using 1 tea bag per 8 oz of water. Bring the water to boiling and steep the tea bag for 5 to 10 minutes. For a stronger tea, you can use 2 tea bags. Drink 1 to 3 cups anytime during the day (up to/not exceeding 10 tea bags a day).

Thank you for your questions, Hamna! We are happy to provide you with information on Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life.

Please note that Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life is not specifically formulated to help with weight loss. Rather, this tea is formulated to support stamina and give you the energy you need in order to maintain an active lifestyle while dieting. Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life can be consumed at any point throughout the day. For best results, we recommend consuming Yogi teas in between meals, either an hour before eating or one to two hours after eating. Also, given that this particular Yogi tea variety contains caffeine, you may want to avoid drinking it before bedtime. You might try drinking one to two cups per day as a starting point, and from there, you can drink less or more depending on your experience and your individual tolerance for green tea and caffeine.

We hope this is helpful, and welcome you to email customerserivce@yogiproducts.com with any further questions. Thank you again & Be well!

• Brian says:

Hi, I was wondering for the green tea blueberry slim life. How much water do I put to mix 1 tea bag? Also can I reuse the tea bags? Also does this green tea blueberry slim life help with reducing fat? And How many cups of green tea blueberry slim life should I drink a day and week? I’ve heard lots of great things about your brand of green tea blueberry slim life and is very interested in the results it has shown through other people.

• Janie says:

Can I make ice tea from Yogi peppermint tea bags?

Thank you for reaching out, Brian! We’re happy to assist you with your questions. Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life is formulated to help give you the energy you need to maintain an active lifestyle while dieting. When preparing it, we recommend using 8 oz of water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling, then steep the tea bag for 3 minutes. Most of the flavor and functional benefits will come out of the tea bag on the first infusion. However, many tea drinkers enjoy steeping tea bags a second time. We suggest 1 to 3 cups per day as a basic starting point; however, the amount you choose to drink should be based on your individual tolerance for green tea and caffeine.

Thank you again & Be well!

Hi Janie! The functional benefits of Yogi teas work the same whether cool or hot as long as you follow our recommended brewing instructions. For optimal results, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (5-10 minutes for Yogi Purely Peppermint). Once the tea has fully steeped, allow to cool. You may then add sweeteners, lemon and/or ice to suite your preference. If you plan on adding ice, we suggest using 2 tea bags per 8 oz water.

Hope this helps!

• Hello I want to know if it helps to lose some weight. I tried everything and nothing works for me so I bought the detox tea today am giving this a try because I am always tired and I have not been able to lose weight. Is the detox tea right for me or can you recommend a different detox tea? Thank you.

• Natalie says:

Hello,
    My name’s Natalie and I just started drinking your detox teas. So far,I’m enjoying the teas, the taste is and smell are very good. I was wondering if I could drink the tea iced and with with fruits added to give it more flavor? Will it still work as it should?

Hi Mayela! We appreciate you reaching out to us with your questions. Yogi DeTox tea is not formulated to help with weight loss. Rather, it is a gentle way to help the body cleanse itself by aiding the two primary filtering organs, the liver and kidneys. It is made from a blend of time-honored herbs to promote kidney and liver function, as well as traditional Ayurvedic herbs to support blood flow.

You might be interested in our Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life and Caramel Apple Spice Slim life teas. Both are formulated to help give you the energy you need to maintain an active lifestyle while dieting. However, please note that these suggestions are not intended to replace any professional medical recommendations, and we remind you to always consult your physician or a qualified health care professional with any specific questions about your health.

Thank you & Be well!

Thank you for your questions, Natalie! We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying our teas. The functional benefits of Yogi teas work the same whether cool or hot as long as you follow our recommended brewing instructions. For optimal results, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (3-10 minutes depending on the type of tea). Once the tea has fully steeped, allow to cool. You may then add sweeteners, fruit and/or ice to suite your preference. If you plan on adding ice, we suggest using 2 tea bags per 8 oz water. Hope this helps!

• Aly says:

Can I add fruit to the tea like orange slices etc?

Hi Aly! It’s fine to add fruit to Yogi teas once they’ve been brewed. For optimal results, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling and steep the tea bag for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (3-10 minutes depending on the type of tea). Once the tea has fully steeped, you may then add fruit to suite your taste preference.

Thank you & Be well!

• Can I mix the bedtime tea with ginger tea in one cup of tea

Thank you for your question, Julie! It is generally fine to drink more than one type of Yogi tea in the same day, or even combined in the same cup (such as Yogi Bedtime & Yogi Ginger). This type of blending will not interfere with the functional benefits or effects of each tea. Our basic suggestion would be to stick with up to three types per day.

Thank you again for reaching out, and please let us know if you have any further questions. Be well!

• Carrie says:

Hey! I was wondering if the detox works if I drink it cold.

Thank you for your question, Carrie! The functional benefits of Yogi teas work the same whether cool or hot as long as you follow our recommended brewing instructions. For optimal results, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (5-10 minutes for Yogi DeTox). Once the tea has fully steeped, allow to cool. You may then add sweeteners, lemon and/or ice to suite your preference. If you plan on adding ice, we suggest using 2 tea bags per 8 oz water.

Thank you again, and please let us know if you have any further questions. Be well!

• Pat says:

Hi, I’m kinda confused about how to brew the yogi green tea blueberry slim life, it Is packed in recyclable cups.The direction says brew and then peel, so how do I brew

Thank you for your question, Pat! Our recyclable single serve cups are intended to be brewed in machines that use K-Cups, using an 8oz setting. Be well!

• Heather says:

I have a question about the regular Detox tea. I love it and have had great results with it detoxing my body. I never go over the recommend 3 cups a day. And I do plan on taking a week break after using it for a month, but I was concerned about the licorice. I know it has the potential to raise blood pressure, but I have read some things that say that too much licorice root can be really bad for you. I know it’s used medicinally in other parts of the world. I’ve just heard in high doses it can cause brain damage and other effects. I love the tea and I am hooked. But if I’m going to be drinking 3 cups a day with breaks thrown in there, I want to he sure.

Thank you for your question, Heather! We’re happy to provide you with information regarding licorice root and our DeTox tea.

Please be assured that consumer health and safety are our highest priorities. Licorice root has been safely consumed for thousands of years and is still widely consumed throughout the world as a beverage and medicinal tea. However, according to the American Herbal Products Association’s Botanical Safety Handbook (an authoritative text referenced by the FDA), when consumed in high doses, licorice is contraindicated for pregnancy, nursing and for those taking medication or have a medical condition. Although all Yogi tea bags contain far less licorice root than what would be considered a high dose by their definition, we take a conservative stand and label all Yogi teas that contain licorice root with warnings. Specifically, according to the Botanical Safety Handbook, a standard dose of licorice root would be 1,000-5,000 mg 3 times per day, up to 6 weeks. Yogi DeTox only contains approximately 223 mg of licorice root per tea bag. Our teas that contain the most licorice root, Egyptian Licorice and Throat Comfort, contain approximately 1,110 mg and 1094 mg, respectively.

Yogi DeTox is a gentle way to help the body cleanse itself by aiding the two primary filtering organs, the liver and kidneys. It is made from a blend of time-honored herbs to promote kidney and liver function, as well as traditional Ayurvedic herbs to support blood flow. As noted in the ‘Get the Most Out of Every Cup’ instructions printed on Yogi DeTox tea’s outer carton, we suggest that you drink 1 to 3 cups any time during the day, up to 10 tea bags per day. Also, for our herbal teas that are detoxifying in nature, we recommend taking a break after 4 weeks of consumption in order for the body to equilibrate and readjust. Yogi DeTox is mild enough to be used every day for up to 30 days, after which we suggest pausing for about 7 days before resuming.

Given that lifestyle, diet and overall health vary from person to person, and given that everyone responds uniquely to particular herbs and botanicals, the effects of this tea will be different for everyone. For specific questions regarding consumption of licorice root and Yogi DeTox tea, we recommend consulting your healthcare provider as he or she is best suited to address any concerns you may have about your individual health and identify any substances to which you may be uniquely sensitive, such as licorice.

Thank you again for reaching out, and please let us know if you need any further information. Be well!

• Fay says:

Hi I drink yogi detox tea everyday and I was wondering if I can drink it when it’s really cooled down? Will it effect the results of a detox or I need to drink it warm for it to work as a detox tea?

Thank you for your question, Fay! The functional benefits of Yogi teas work the same whether cool or hot as long as you follow our recommended brewing instructions. For optimal results, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (5-10 minutes for Yogi DeTox). Once the tea has fully steeped, allow to cool. You may then add sweeteners, lemon and/or ice to suite your preference. If you plan on adding ice, we suggest using 2 tea bags per 8 oz water.

Thank you again & Be well!

• Christina says:

Does tea work better hot, cold, or does it matter?

• Kimberly D Hill says:

Can i make it in cold water. Such as my detox water

Thank you for your question, Kimberly! The functional benefits of Yogi teas work the same whether cool or hot as long as you follow our recommended brewing instructions. For optimal results, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (3-10 minutes depending on the type of tea). Once the tea has fully steeped, allow to cool. You may then add sweeteners, lemon and/or ice to suite your preference. If you plan on adding ice, we suggest using 2 tea bags per 8 oz water. Be well!

Thank you for your question, Christina! The functional benefits of Yogi teas work the same whether cool or hot as long as you follow our recommended brewing instructions. For optimal results, we recommend using 8 oz water per tea bag. Bring the water just to boiling and steep for the time indicated on the outside of the Yogi tea carton (3-10 minutes depending on the type of tea). Once the tea has fully steeped, allow to cool. You may then add sweeteners, lemon and/or ice to suite your preference. If you plan on adding ice, we suggest using 2 tea bags per 8 oz water. Be well!

• Janella says:

Hi isit better to drink the detox tea in the morning or at night?

Thank you for your question, Janella! Yogi DeTox can be consumed at any point throughout the day. However, for best results, we recommend consuming Yogi teas in between meals, either an hour before eating or one to two hours after eating. Be well!

• Monica says:

What is the youngest age one can drink Yogi Tea, whether it’s caffeinated and non caffeinated?

Thank you for your question, Monica! In general, our teas are not recommended for infants or toddlers, and we encourage you to consult a qualified healthcare provider or pediatrician with any questions you may have regarding a young child consuming Yogi teas. He or she is best suited to identify any particular substances to which a child may be uniquely sensitive and make a recommendation based on the child’s individual medical profile. Additionally, please note that two of our teas do carry child warnings: Yogi Kava Stress Relief carries a warning that it is not for use by persons under 18 years of age, and Yogi Soothing Mint Get Regular carries a warning that it is not recommended for children under 12 years of age. If a Yogi tea carries a warning, it would be noted in the outer carton’s Supplement Facts panel, as well as on the backside of its individual envelopes.

• Tyler says:

Hi, My Name is Tyler and I’ve been drinking a variety of Herbal teas for about 2 years, most of which are delicious and very appealing with health benefits. I wanted to know which tea you would recommend for combating anxiety? Would it be Chamomile or something different?

Thank you!

• Barb says:

Is the 1 week break recommended for the detox tea after 30 days only apply if you have for 30 days straight? If I have off and on (days in between) do I need a 7 day break if I take for several months?

Thank you for your question, Tyler! Although we don’t have any teas formulated to combat anxiety, we do have several teas that are formulated to help promote rest and relaxation, such as Honey Lavender Stress Relief, Kava Stress Relief and Relaxed Mind. To view a full list of our Rest & Relax teas, click here.

Please note that these suggestions are not intended to replace professional medical advice. Here at Yogi, we take a conservative stand when it comes to individual health, especially with regard to specific medical conditions such as anxiety. Given that everyone can respond uniquely to particular herbs and botanicals, we strongly recommend you consult your qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have about your individual health and the consumption of Yogi teas. He or she is best suited to identify any substances to which you may be uniquely sensitive, and to make a recommendation in light of your personal medical profile. Thank you again & Be well!

Thank you for your question, Barb! For our herbal teas that are detoxifying in nature, we recommend taking a break now and then for those who might be on a long term detox regimen. Yogi DeTox is appropriate for daily use, but as a general suggestion, we recommend taking a break of up to 7 days after 4 weeks of daily consumption. We hope this is helpful, and welcome you to email customerservice@yogiproducts.com with any further questions. Thank you again & Be well!

• Abigail says:

Hello! I have a question I bought the blueberry slim life tea and I was wondering how many times I’m suppose to drink it a day ? Thanks !

• Jessica says:

Hello,
    My name is Jessica. My question is, I am making yogi detox tea right now. Im not a big fan of the smell and taste so I was wondering if I added a little bit of honey to my tea, will it still work the same?

• Becca Lesser says:

Hi Jessica, thanks for your question! It’s fine to add your favorite sweetener, cream, or lemon to your Yogi tea once brewed. Doing so won’t interfere with the tea’s functional benefits. We hope this helps!

• Becca Lesser says:

Hi Abigail! For our Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life, we suggest drinking one to three cups per day as a starting point. From there, you can drink less or more depending on your experience and your individual tolerance for green tea and caffeine. Hope this helps!

• Hello! I love your green tea! Can I put the herbs from a tea bag into a smoothy unbrewed? I love putting the herbs into my smoothy unbrewed as I am not a big tea drinker, but I’m wondering if I will still get the same health benefits from the green tea? I would think I would get a lot more benefits from eating the green tea leaves whole vs just drinking them. Thank you for your response.

• Tyha says:

Can Yogi Tea be blended with fruits?

• Becca Lesser says:

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your question!

Thanks again for your question,

• Becca Lesser says:

Hi there Tyha,

To clarify, are you referring to using the contents of a Yogi tea bag in a fruit-based beverage, such as a smoothie? If so: The contents in our Yogi tea bag products are designed to be steeped within the tea bag filter paper and consumed as infusions. To get the most out of every cup, we suggest following the brewing instructions printed on the outer Yogi tea carton, as they are specifically tailored to each blend. In general, we recommend that you bring water to boiling (or just to boiling) and then steep the tea bag for the time indicated on the outer Yogi carton. Reason being, the botanical ingredients used in our teas require a certain hotter temperature in order to infuse into the water.

We hope this is helpful; please let us know if we misinterpreted your question and/or can further clarify.

Thank you!

• Kieron says:

Hello ,
    I recently purchased the ‘Stomach Ease’ flavour for a tummy problem and now everything is fine . I’ve only used a few bags and wonder if I should continue with this tea or change to a more general everyday version for regular use . I don’t want to cause problems by overusing the wrong thing . I’ve done this before with other products and had issues . Too much of a good thing is bad for you ,as the saying goes .
    Many thanks
    Kieron

• Becca Lesser says:

Hi Kieron,

Thanks so much for your question – we’re happy to provide additional information about our Stomach Ease tea.

Yogi Stomach Ease tea is gentle yet effective, and for most people, it is safe to drink on a regular basis. However, here at Yogi we take a conservative stand when it comes to individual health. Given that every individual responds uniquely to herbs and botanicals, we recommend you consult with your primary healthcare provider with any specific questions you have as he or she is best suited to determine whether or not Yogi Stomach Ease tea is appropriate for your consumption; and in what amount and frequency.

I hope this helps to answer your question!

• Allison says:

I’m drinking the Ginger tea. Once I put hot water and the tea bag in the cup, I don’t need to put anything else in the cup to enjoy it?

• Becca Lesser says:

Hello, Allison!

Thanks so much for your question about our Ginger tea. Yogi teas, including Yogi Ginger tea, can be enjoyed as is on their own; or with the addition lemon, your favorite sweetener, and/or creamer; depending on your taste preferences! I hope this helps to answer your question 🙂 Let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

• Karen says:

Is there senna in Yogi detox teas?

• Becca Lesser says:

Hi, Karen!

Thanks so much for your question – we’re happy to provide you with additional information about our ingredients and teas.

Our DeTox teas do not contain Senna, though we do currently make one tea,(Soothing Mint Get Regular, which does contain Senna Leaf.

For future reference, you can find a list of ingredients found in each of our teas by looking at the Supplement Facts panel on the side of each Yogi tea carton. You can also view this information online by visiting the product page of the tea you’re interested in, and clicking on “SUPPLEMENT FACTS” to the right of the carton image. Additionally, our Ingredients page provides a complete list of ingredients used in our teas, and provides a list of any teas that contain a particular ingredient (for example, you can view the Senna Leaf product page here).

I hope this information is helpful! Please let us know of any additional questions. Thanks, and be well!