Cooling & Delicious Summer Recipes!
Try these simple and delicious recipes perfect for summertime!
Cooling ingredients yogurt and rose come together in this fragrant and delicious lassi for the perfect summertime treat! (Serves four)
• 3 cups plain yogurt
• 3 cups cold water
• 4 ounces sweetener (molasses, raw sugar, honey, maple syrup)
• 1 Tbs rose water or 6 tsp powdered rose flower
• Pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
Place the yogurt, water, sweetener, rose water/powder and cardamom in the blender. Blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!*
Summer Stuffed Tomatoes
Not sure what to bring to the next summer picnic? Here’s an easy to make recipe that your friends & family are sure to enjoy! (Serves eight)
• 8 ripe medium hefty tomatoes
• 1 1/3 cups cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 ½ cups fresh corn kernels
• 2 cups peaches, pitted and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
• 6 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbs lime juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup fresh basil, shredded
Slice 1/2 inch tops off tomatoes. Scoop out seeds and ribs. Coarsely chop tomato innards separately. Stir together chopped tomatoes, peaches, cucumbers, corn, oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Let stand 15 minutes. Stir in basil. Season tomato shells with salt and pepper. Fill tomato shells with chopped mixture. Serve and enjoy!