DIY Rosemary Sage All-Purpose Cleaner
Freshen up your home with this simple DIY all-purpose cleaner!
Have you been eyeing up those fresh herbs in the market recently? Or, are you wondering what to do with the herbs you planted earlier this spring? Here’s a simple way to use them to help freshen up your home!
What You’ll Need
- Clean, empty spray bottle
- 1 part water / 1 part vinegar / 1 part rubbing alcohol (The exact amount of each will depend on the size of your spray bottle)
- Several sprigs each of fresh Rosemary and Sage (Cut herbs to a length that will fit inside your spray bottle)
- Drop of dish soap
- Optional: several drops of essential oil such as lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus or lemon
- Set aside a long sprig of each herb for later. Crush or muddle the remaining herbs and place them in a large sauce pan
- Add water and vinegar to the herbs, then warm up the mixture to just above room temperature
- Stir and let sit for several minutes, allowing herbs to infuse
- Add rubbing alcohol to the mixture and stir
- Gently rub reserved sprigs of Rosemary and Sage between fingers to release their oils and then place the sprigs inside the spray bottle
- Pour the liquid mixture into the spray bottle
- Add a drop of dish soap (and optional essential oil drops)
- Screw on spray nozzle and gently shake to mix.
*Cleaner will last several days. Store in refrigerator for longer term use.