Dress up Your Drink: Herbal Ice Cubes

ice cubes final 2

Add a refreshing twist to your favorite cold drinks with these easy to make herbal ice cubes!

All You’ll Need Is…

*  Clean ice cube tray

*  Several sprigs of fresh herbs

*  Purified water

The Steps

1.  Select a few of your favorite herbs, rinse and cut small clippings. Lavender, sage, basil, rosemary and oregano are some great herbs to try!

2.  Place a pinch of herbs (either whole or coarsely chopped) in each ice cube mold. Have fun experimenting with various combinations.

3.  Pour water on top of herbs, filling each mold about 1/3rd of the way.

4.  Place the ice cube tray in the freezer and let freeze for about 45 minutes.

5.  The herbs will naturally rise to the top of the water, so after about 45 minutes, remove the tray from the freezer and fill the remaining 1/3rd of each mold with water to cover the herbs completely.

6.  Put the ice cube tray back in the freezer and leave until completely frozen.

ice cubes prep 1ice cubes prep water 1ice cubes final 4

• Chenoa Menendez says:

That’s an awesome idea!

• Kim Cornelius says:

May I please have the list of herbs that are used here. Thanks

Hi Kim! Pictured here are lavender, sage, basil, rosemary and oregano. Hope this helps!

• Nellie Baez says:

What a great idea, for cooking, and keeping fresh herbs available for salads and adding to foods ad of course adding to drinks.

• Mike says:

Why no mint????

Hi Mike! Mint would be a wonderful herb to use! It just wasn’t pictured here. Be well!

• I have a few boxes of Yogi tea. The taste from each is interesting and unique – they tastes great!

• anna says:

Woo-hoo! It is scorching hot here in middle Tennessee. I am making some of these ice cubes today!! I plan to start with some mint and rosemary. I can’t pass either of those plants in my garden without pinching a leaf and sniffing. The fragrances are heavenly. These cubes should be so refreshing in my tea. I feel a bit cooler already, just thinking about it.

• Yogi is the most refreshing Tea to drink.

• Anna says:

Great idea! Thank you for sharing .

• Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am
    inspired! Extremely helpful information specifically the final part 🙂 I care for such info much.
    I used to be looking for this certain information for a long time.
    Thanks and good luck.

Hi Jeune,

Thanks so much for your kind words! To receive updates from the Yogi Tea Talk Blog and special offers from Yogi, we invite you to join the Yogi newsletter. This monthly email will keep you up to speed with the latest Yogi news and promotional offers. To sign up, visit

Enjoy!