Central United States Territory Sales Manager
At Yogi we believe the purpose of business is to serve. Our company was founded on that belief and uses service as its guiding principle: “Feel Good, Be Good, Do Good.” We are committed to providing healthy, natural teas that are accessible to as many people as possible. With more than 40 years of experience, we strive to support the health and well-being of our consumers by incorporating the highest-quality natural and organic ingredients in our teas. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to Yogi tea becoming and remaining the #1 tea brand in the US natural channel, and one of the fastest growing brands in conventional food and mass markets.
The Central United States Territory Sales Manager position is based in a major US city and leads all sales activities for the customers that he/she is responsible, including the development of strategic sales plans based on company goals to promote sales growth and customer satisfaction. Key internal interactions include the National Account Team responsible for distributors to his/her customer base, Field Sales Team, Portland-based Consumer Marketing, Trade Marketing, and Sales Administration teams, as well as Springfield, Oregon-based Customer Service and Accounting teams.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver net sales and distribution growth objectives within established spending targets
- Manage direct relationships with his/her customers
- Work closely with NAM that manages the distributors to his/her accounts
- Motivate brokers to achieve company sales, distribution, and promotional objectives
- Work closely with Trade Marketing to ensure programs are in alignment with financial goals
- Maintain and submit in a timely manner all tracking sheets, sales reports, expense reports, and related paperwork
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good analytical and creative skills
- Self-starter with skills to manage and complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to interact in a positive, confident, and professional manner with all levels of management
- Competently use computers including Microsoft Office Suite and other software systems
- Four-year college degree required
- 2-4 years’ experience, including HQ responsibility for at least one account
- Experience in both conventional and natural channels preferred
- Broker management experience
- Comfort using syndicated data for fact-based selling
- Familiarity with trade promotion management software (MEI)
- Ability to travel 30% – 40% of time
To be considered, candidates must submit in Word Format a cover letter highlighting their experiences that meet the minimum qualifications as well as a job specific resume. Submissions may only be made via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
East West Tea Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and compliance with federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, performance and business needs.