Grocery Sales Manager
At Yogi we believe the purpose of business is to serve. Our company was founded on that belief and uses service as its guiding principle: “Feel Good, Be Good, Do Good.” We are committed to providing healthy, natural teas that are accessible to as many people as possible. With more than 40 years of experience, we strive to support the health and well-being of our consumers by incorporating the highest-quality natural and organic ingredients in our teas.
It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to Yogi tea becoming and remaining the #1 tea brand in the US natural channel and one of the fastest growing brands in conventional food and mass markets. Our teas can be found in stores nationwide, as well as online.
Yogi is privately owned and is operated by East West Tea Company, LLC. Based in Springfield, Oregon, our headquarters is approximately 100 miles south of Portland, Oregon, where we have a sales and marketing office.
This position is based in a major US city. This position leads all field sales activities for the US and Canada with a team of three territory managers, within the traditional grocery channel, excluding accounts managed by the National Account Team. This position is responsible for hiring two of his/her three team members. This role is responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. Key internal interactions will include the National Account Team responsible for distributors to his/her customer base, the Field Sales Team, the Portland-based Consumer Marketing, Trade Marketing and Sales Administration teams as well as the Springfield, Oregon-based Customer Service and Accounting teams.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as strategic thought leader for field sales force resource allocation including the following:
- Financial resources
- Areas of emphasis/key initiatives
- Develops annual sales plan for his/her organization in support of organization strategy and objectives and leads execution.
- Ensure initial and ongoing training for his/her team to develop bench strength for the field sale organization as a whole.
- Partner with experienced National Account personnel.
- Hire individuals for open positions within his/her organization.
- Manage relationships and ensure productivity of outside partners, particularly brokers.
- Partner with Trade Marketing to ensure top line sales targets are achieved within spending parameters and to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness of promotional programs.
- Act as facilitator on behalf of field sales team regarding internal functions (e.g. Customer Service, Consumer Marketing, senior management) as well as external partners.
- Manage certain accounts directly in both the US and Canada.
- Maintain and submit in a timely manner all tracking sheets, sales reports, expense reports and related paperwork.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Outstanding leadership, coaching, partnering and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Vision to see the big picture and knowledge to understand executional details.
- Self-starter with skills to manage projects and complete in a timely manner.
- Ability to interact in a positive, confident and professional manner at all levels.
- Competently use computers including Microsoft Office Suite and other software systems
- Four year college degree required.
- 10 years’ experience in CPG field sales including 7 years of people management responsibilities across both large ($1 Billion+) and small to mid-sized ($10-200 Million) companies.
- Conventional grocery channel experience required.
- Experience with Natural/Organic products or health-oriented food and beverages.
- Has demonstrated the ability to develop and promote his/her team members.
- Broker management expertise essential.
- Experience selling directly to accounts and working through distributors. An understanding of Canada a plus.
- Trade promotion management software (e.g. TradePro) experience.
- A past rotation through a Trade Marketing role would be a positive.
- Able to travel up to 50% of time.
East West Tea Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and compliance with federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, performance and business needs.