Human Resource Manager
At Yogi we believe the purpose of business is to serve. Our company was founded on that belief and uses service as its guiding principle: “Feel Good, Be Good, Do Good.” We are committed to providing healthy, natural teas that are accessible to as many people as possible. With more than 40 years of experience, we strive to support the health and well-being of our consumers by incorporating the highest-quality natural and organic ingredients in our teas. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to Yogi tea becoming and remaining the #1 tea brand in the US natural channel, and one of the fastest growing brands in conventional food and mass markets.
The Human Resource Manager contributes to the formulation of HR plans and objectives, coordinates and performs human resources related activities and programs including recruitment and selection, benefits administration, employee development, employee relations, classification and compensation, automated HR information system management and related duties that may be assigned. This position will also provide training and assistance to supervisors in HR systems and procedures.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops, implements, and coordinates policies and procedures for the Human Resources department to establish and maintain an effective department through managing, advising, and motivating department employees
- Partners with leadership to ensure staffing, quality, safety, employee relations, and training objectives are attained
- Identifies and prioritizes current and future talent requirements; Leading talent management activities and workforce planning to ensure a strong and diverse pipeline of talent for the organization
- Create performance management and rewards processes/practice to drive employee accountability and ensure effective retention
- Provides leadership, direction, training and guidance to employees including day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, training plans, disciplinary actions)
- Functions as an internal coach to management, peers and others by helping them identify and resolve issues, encouraging excellent management practices, anticipating internal organization issues, proposing solutions, and understanding/representing the employee perspective
- Responsible for ensuring compensation programs are administered effectively
- Maintains a positive work environment and operate in support of company values
- Supports change management and employee engagement efforts
- Ensures compliance with employment-related regulations and procedures related to FMLA, OFLA, FLSA, ADA, HIPAA, EEO, etc; works with legal counsel to resolve complex or unusual compliance matters
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to lead by example in terms of creating an exciting environment for employees and the company to ensure collective success
- Effective communication both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Organization and time management
- The principles and practices of human resources management.
- State and federal employment laws and regulations and related practices
- Function as an internal coach to management, peers and others by helping them identify and resolve issues, encouraging excellent management practices, anticipating internal organization issues, proposing solutions, and understanding/representing the employee perspective
- Serve as a strategic business partner and advisor to leaders
- Understand, analyze, interpret and apply complex regulations, procedures, policies and guidelines
- Identify alternative solutions, project the consequences of proposed actions and make logical recommendations concerning human resources matters
- Prepare written reports and documentation
- Maintain confidentiality of human resources-related information
- Professionally and effectively represent the company
- Work effectively in stressful situations while providing accurate advice and options to managers
- Identify patterns, troubleshoot and organize data; design and maintain reports
- Ensure collaborative relationships with external entities and all company staff
- Interpret policy consistently
- MS Office Suite
- Performance Management system
- ADP Workforce Now
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Work is primarily done in an office setting
- Occasionally walks through a warehouse and/or manufacturing setting with exposure to dust, noise and forklift traffic
- Sitting at a workstation for extended periods of time
- Stand, walk, climb stairs on a frequent basis
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in HR or Business and/or 7- 10 years’ progressive experience in Human Resources management, including experience managing HR professionals
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM CP/SCP certification or demonstrated equivalent knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and organize HR related data
- Demonstrated experience administering key HR programs (benefits, 401k, payroll)
- Strong business acumen
- Seasoned consultative skills and capability
- HR experience in a manufacturing facility a plus
To be considered, candidates must submit in Word Format a cover letter highlighting their experiences that meet the minimum qualifications as well as a job specific resume. Submissions may only be made via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
East West Tea Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and compliance with federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, performance and business needs.