Product Commercialization Manager
At Yogi we believe the purpose of business is to serve. Our company was founded on that belief and uses service as its guiding principle: “Feel Good, Be Good, Do Good.” We are committed to providing healthy, natural teas that are accessible to as many people as possible. With more than 40 years of experience, we strive to support the health and well-being of our consumers by incorporating the highest-quality natural and organic ingredients in our teas. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to Yogi tea becoming and remaining the #1 tea brand in the US natural channel and one of the fastest growing brands in conventional food and mass markets.
The Product Commercialization Manager is responsible for leadership and coordination of cross-functional teams to enable effective execution of product commercialization projects. The position interfaces extensively with the brand, supply chain, research and development, creative and quality teams and is responsible for leading these teams through the stage-gate process, including analysis and prioritization of risks and opportunities. Moreover, this position employs creative and effective problem solving to adapt in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
The Product Commercialization Manager will also collect stakeholder feedback, identifying areas of further process improvements. They will work with management to refine and meet the needs of the organization. This will include the creation of tools and templates to facilitate briefing, timeline development, reviews and approvals.
The Product Commercialization Manager is also responsible for leading and directing the project coordination role with emphasis on product change and new product commercialization processes. In this role, the manager will exercise sound judgement, strong business acumen, and knowledge of manufacturing to deliver projects within specified time, cost and quality parameters while meeting stakeholder expectations.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and lead creative, high performing, motivated cross-functional teams through effective listening, direction setting, coaching and execution.
- Develop and execute against project plans and critical deadlines.
- Identify, define, prioritize and elevate the relevant topics/risks to the team through gathering, analyzing, synthesizing, and presenting information/data from the cross-functional team to inform sound business decisions.
- Collect stakeholder feedback and track areas of opportunity for potential process improvements to meet the needs of a growing organization.
- Responsible for project planning, tracking and guiding each project through stage gate checkpoints, including ensuring all stakeholders have the opportunity to provide feedback and that the end product delivers on project objectives.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Successfully lead high-level projects, managing multiple priorities, tasks, and resources.
- Effectively negotiate deadlines and deliverables, within complex timelines, particularly among cross-functional groups.
- Demonstrate success in leading teams through the stage gate process.
- Demonstrate strong strategic, analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Focus on the big picture, connect all dots and understand key cross-functional dependencies to help guide the team, drive accountability, and identify appropriate solutions.
- Leverage project management skills, including effective use of related planning tools.
- Effectively lead cross-functional teams to achieve project goals and deliverables while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
- Demonstrate exemplary verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Strong, interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
- Solicit and deliver both positive feedback and constructive criticism.
Required proficiency in: MS Office Suite (Excel and Power Point specifically), ERP System.
- Sitting at a work station for extended periods of time.
- Stand, walk, climb stairs on a frequent basis.
- Minimum travel.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5 – 7 years of project management experience in a related business function
- Relevant experience in food and beverage manufacturing industry
- MS Project experience is preferred but not required
East West Tea Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and compliance with federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, performance and business needs.
To be considered, candidates must submit in Word Format a cover letter highlighting their experiences that meet the minimum qualifications as well as a job specific resume. Submissions may only be made via email to: email@example.com.